Resides, Allentown, Pennsylvania
Shareholder, Dimmich, Dinkelacker & Anewalt, P.C.
Phone: (610) 398-1800
Fax: (610) 398-8304
Areas of Practice
- Land Use and Zoning
- Environmental Law
- Municipal Law
- Code Enforcement
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate
- Workmen’s Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Wills and Probate
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1981
- United States Court of Military Appeals, 1984
- United States Supreme Court, 1985
- United States District Court, Middle District, 1985
- United States District Court, Eastern District, 1987
- Lehigh County Bar Association, 1987
- Muhlenberg College, Cum Laude with Highest Honors in History, 1978
- Dickinson School of Law, 1981
- Naval Justice School, Newport Rhode Island, 1981
Examples of Cases and Decisions
- Berro v. Workmen’s Compensation Appeal Board (Terminix), 645 A.2d 342 (Pa. Cmwlth. 1994)
- Dugan v. Workmen’s Compensation Appeal Board (Fuller Company), 569 A.2d 1038 (Pa. Cmwlth. 1990)
- McGrath Construction, Inc. v. Upper Saucon Township Board of Supervisors, 952 A.2d 718 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2008)
- Aetna Cas. & Surety Co. v. DeBruicker, 30 F.3d 1484 (3rd Cir. 1994)
- Galdierei v. The Monsanto Company, 245 F. Supp. 2d 636 (2002)
- Willow Green Condominium Association v. Allen Township, No. C-48-CV-2009-7119 (Northampton County, November 9, 2009)
- Saucon Creek Road, L.P., v. Upper Saucon Township, No. 2010-C-4233 (Lehigh County, May 23, 2010)
Speaking Engagements and Published Articles
- Adjunct Instructor, Lehigh Carbon Community College Paralegal Program, Workmen’s Compensation Law
- Faculty, Lorman Seminars, Land Use, 2006 and 2008
- “The Construction of the Lehigh Canal and the Early Development of the Lehigh Valley Region,” Proceedings and Collections of the Wyoming Historical and Geological Society, Volume XXIV, 1984.
- “Driving Distracted While In Your Employ: Liability Involving Cell Phones,” The Psychologist-Manager Journal, Vol. 8, Issue 2, 2005.
Professional and Community Associations
- Lehigh County Bar Association, 1978 to Present
- Board of Associates, Muhlenberg College, 2010 to Present
- Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, 2011 to Present
- First Presbyterian Church of Allentown, 2009 to Present
- West End Alliance, City of Allentown
- Lehigh Valley Area Alumni Club of Muhlenberg College, Past President
Tom is a native of Northeast Pennsylvania. Except for service on active duty in the United States Navy from 1981 to 1985, he has resided in the region his entire life. He is the father of three children and lives in Allentown. Since moving to the Lehigh Valley in 1987, Tom has been active as a volunteer at his alma mater, Muhlenberg College, and has been, and continues to be, a member of various civic organizations. For years, Tom was a men’s lacrosse referee and was one of the founders of the Parkland High School Women’s Lacrosse Club. He remains active and enjoys biking, fishing and hiking (often with his Labrador retriever, Storm).
Professionally, Tom’s practice is concentrated in the areas of land use, real estate, environmental, insurance and personal injury/disability law. Notable cases over his career include representation of the Hotel Bethlehem in complex litigation following a devastating fire in the late 1980’s, representation of Smith Barney in one of the first death cases alleged to have been caused by distracted driving due to cell phone use and complex litigation against Monsanto Corporation relating to executive compensation packages. More recent matters involve the representation of individuals, citizen groups and municipalities in land use, zoning and environmental matters. Tom also represents municipal governing bodies, boards, commissions and authorities in the day-to-day handling of municipal matters.
Tom has drafted or participated in drafting numerous municipal ordinances and regulations relating to zoning, land development, historic districts, apartment licensing, stormwater, sewer and water matters. He regularly represents municipal and private clients before zoning hearing boards, code appeal boards, governing bodies and various Courts of the Commonwealth. In addition, he has served as a special solicitor to various municipal entities throughout the Lehigh Valley.